The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1592 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I believe that you are suggesting that this infirmed man enjoyed playing the part of the victim too much, to be willing to be healed. Interesting thought. I'd like to see you develop this a bit more. Thanks for sharing.
I understood this completely as there does seem to be those who never seem to get a break but keep on trudging believing it will be soon. So many things I could say here as this just hit so many points in my life. I think I really needed to read this tonight.
A different look. I enjoyed it.
Good admonishment, Darlene. I have known and occasionally been this type of person. As a young adult my every romance ended sadly and I would revel in mourning the losses almost as much as I did enjoying the actual relationships. In my case, I think it came from watching too many soap operas. Glad those days are LONG gone, along with the soaps. You're so right. We have to be willing to be healed. We have to receive the help God freely offers.
I really enjoyed seeing your perspective on this story. Perhaps if the man was unwilling, that would explain Jesus' comment later in the story: "Stop sinning so that something worse will not happen to you." Good points, well written.