The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1613 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/05/06
As a father of three girls, two of whom are teens, I found this an incredibly moving piece. One day soon this will be me, and I hope I have the courage shown in this piece. Somehow, I feel I will probably be more likely to make death threats to my future son-in-law than anything else, but time will tell.

I loved the piece, though, and could tell it came straight from your heart. I'm told there's no better place to write from.
This was beautiful. This story reminded me of my own father. I was married a few years ago and you also wrote me a letter. This was very touching and was written quite well. Good job!
Well done! And touching. So many young women yearn for such a dad. Your beginning paragraphs were especially strong. A bit of rewriting for consistency of voice throughout will make this beautiful letter really shine!
05/06/06
A beautiful farewell and a lovely story. I liked it. Only one thing, "fair" instead of fare...otherwise well done!
05/07/06
I wanted to just keep on reading! This is perfectly beautiful. Top notch writting that touches the heart. Again - just beautiful!
05/08/06
Yes, a beautiful ,affectionate piece of writing