The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1976 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Beautiful and very artistic. Your imagination amazes me. Lovely. A good write!
03/07/06
Excellent description. I cannot imagine what would cause Joel to decide to get out of the boat. Wonderful title.
03/09/06
Wow...what a story. You swept me into the character and kept me waiting in suspense for the plot's development....well-written!
03/10/06
A terrific travel piece, beautiful, with just enough compelling action, to keep me exploring the cavern with Joel.
I like the where he stood up and let it all loose for his creator. Boy, would love that opportunity!

A winner! Indeed!

03/10/06
A terrific travel piece, beautiful, with just enough compelling action, to keep me exploring the cavern with Joel.
I like the where he stood up and let it all loose for his creator. Boy, would love that opportunity!

A winner! Indeed!

All I can is WOW, Amy!
Your excellent use of descriptions never ceases to amaze me...& to think you wrote this on vacation! You're an inspiration to me!
03/10/06
A beautiful, literary start to an enticing story. Great description gave me a real sense of place. One hint: you could increase the tension for the reader by keeping the sentences when he is escaping from the croc really short. yeggy
03/10/06
You did a great job of putting your reader right there. Your words were as thick as the dense jungle, and I mean that in a good way. You chose exactly the right way to write this evocative piece.
03/10/06
Beautiful descriptions...felt like I was there. I'm often moved to tears by sunsets-on-the-water. So, your vivid word pictures brought fantastic images to my mind's eye. Thanks for sharing!
03/10/06
Terrific. Reminds me of something foolish I once did in a boat in Costa Rica. I like the way you expressed the negative side of the positive, but added the "I'll be back" to reinforce that "positivity" of the experience.
03/11/06
A wonderful story - great discriptions -enjoyed it - as usual :)
03/11/06
It's like a travelogue with a bit of thriller combined - I'd love to see it on a big screen with appropriate music in the background ... the beautiful, classical, calm music, the drums and suspenseful music etc etc!
03/11/06
wow... every good thing to be said has been said already... it leaves me speechless.. Well done once again.. ;-)
Very well done. I cannot add anything to what's already been said.
03/17/06
This one was in my top three when I was marking them last week, and the only thing that was hard to find a high mark for you for was what the point or message of the piece was. It was beautiful writing.
Amy, this is masterful writing! You are definitely gifted in bringing the reader into the moment. Your descriptions are perfect. I wondered if there would be another way to reference the boat besides using the word "boat" which kept repeating more and more frequently as the story progressed....maybe not. This is captivating and enticing and....awesome writing!!! God job, girl. :-)