The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1570 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/15/06
I feel your pain! You really had me going right to the end. Good work.
02/16/06
Great job on the buildup of tension, and great timing on the release. And...I want some, please.
02/16/06
"Some things, regrettably, have to be broken down into small pieces before they can be shared." This was so poignant at first - but after reading the whole thing, it's hilarious! GREAT job. And pass the platter.
02/16/06
A good thing there were no fingers in the way! I loved the chanting and the pounding on the table! I was there! tehe! Poignant and funny! Just loved it! (what did you do with the prop for your story Miss Yeggs!) ;)
02/16/06
LOL -that was great! Such drama and so real :)
I was all built up for this huge something and it turned out to be a chocolate treat! How anti-climatic! lol. You had me going there.
02/16/06
I'm betting she bought a 2nd one to keep for herself.
Masterful build-up!! And a truly funny ending!!
From one chocoholic to another...brilliant my dear, just brilliant!
LOL! Good job. ;-)
02/17/06
lol! Where's my piece? Great writing!
This was great! I was guessing what it would be, but was totally wrong of course. (I thought maybe it was a ceremony to get over a break up and she was going to smash a gift from her ex or something! WAY wrong! lol
I loved the chanting mixed with her one liners.

I did catch one typo though. You probably already caught it too, but just in case not: Three female VOICED raised in mocking harmony. I think you meant voices. :)

Regardless, this was dramatic the first time and a crack up the second time. Great job and please, do share. ;)
02/17/06
Ha! I love this type of story - the one where I'm thrown completely offguard with a surprise ending. Too funny! great writing, as always. :-)
lol - that was good, creative.
02/18/06
And I love it too!!! Mmmmm ... my mouth is watering.