The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1743 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/06/06
A very realistic story, with a great reminder for us all. Good job!
Been there...done that! Good job.
02/08/06
So true. Guilty of the same here. Thanks for writing.
Your story made me want to cry for the little girl. Who of us hasn't lost our temper a time or two (or ten) and had to repent before our kids? I know I have. You brought this out in a touching and very real way. One comment: I think the 4th paragraph could be reworked to cut down the "hads." But that's just my novice opinion. I really loved your story!
02/10/06
I loved the title and wasn't disappointed as I read the story. Well done.
A sweet 'slice of real life' story with a very apt comparison! Great storytelling skill! It sure does bring back memories of early parenthood!
02/11/06
Oh, I've been that mother! You captured the moment very well, with some first-rate writing. Good conclusion.
02/11/06

"Unfortunately, the first option never crossed my mind."

How true... options occur to us in hindsight, after we've made a poor choice. Thanks... btdt, too...
02/11/06
A nice example of control woven into a real-life scenario. Too bad you fogot the Pull-Ups! Great job!
02/11/06
This is a cute story with a wonderful message. Well written. I enjoyed it!
02/12/06
I miss reading your stories. They're always a fun read. ?Great writing like always.(:
Whew - I've been in these shoes! Only I ended up in the emergency room with my little guy since his bladder was in spasm and could/would not release without medical intervention!!! It was AWFUL!

You did a good job with the relational part of this story. Forgiveness is part of the learning curve, isn't it?!
02/15/06
A well told, realistic, story that many of us obviously identify with. Enjoyed that you drew the comparison between things that can and can't be controlled. Yeggy