The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 441 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/27/18
Wow, that sounds like quite the nightmare. You did a good job recounting the incident. I found myself a little lost when you were describing some of the technicalities that resulted in your job loss, though I picked up enough to know that it was a really big deal.

One writing-related comment: at the end when you wrote, "the fruit of salvation was fully restored until today" the "until today" makes it sound as though the fruit of salvation is no longer restored.
01/28/18
Nice job with the topic.

Blessings~
Very well done. Thank you for sharing your story.

God Bless.
This is a thrilling story. You did a good job of writing on topic and showing a unique POV. I connected with your MC and was eager to read what happened next.

I noticed you repeated words (work and screamed). You also have some details that the reader doesn't really need to know. By cutting some of those it will leave you with more room to use dialog, body language, and thoughts to paint a picture for your reader. For example, I might edit the first couple of paragraphs like this:
As I walked around surveying my property, I soundly felt something slam into me. Squeezing my eyes shut, I sailed through the air and plopped face first into the dirt.
I heard voices shouting, "Come quick! Get help!"
Trembling, I elevaluated my limbs as I felt hands lift me up. Bile tickled the back of my throat when I noticed my mangled leg. I furrowed my eyebrows. <i>I should be in agony, but it doesn't really hurt. </i>
Beads of sweat popped out on my lip as fear enveloped me. An eerie voice in my head mocked me. <i>You're going to die! Mu-ha-ha! Die! Die! </i>


This is just a quick example to show you what I mean. You don't need to tell the readers what you will or won't say. They will figure it out as they read. By shortening these background details, it allows more space to add those details.

I liked the conflict in your story. It made me want to keep reading. Your message is a powerful one. It will definitely make the reader think.

I'd like to challenge you to read and comment on every entry in your level and one from each other level. By seeing what you like or what doesn't work in other stories, you'll learn that you can tweak those things in your stories. It also feels great to help others and encourage them too.

I think you have a great foundation here. With a bit of tweaking, you'd have a very powerful story. I'm sure it will touch many.