The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1524 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/06
Oh, this is wonderful! I love the opening scene, which prepares your reader for the first-person account to follow. You absolutely did capture this refugee's voice perfectly. Bravo!
01/11/06
I really enjoyed this. I was really drawn in and appreciated seeing the Western world through other eyes. Excellent!
Beautiful story! I like the idea of the first part, but found it just a little confusing. Wonderful story, though.
01/13/06
You've done really well at giving us an insight into the life of a refugee. Yet perhaps to go right inside her mind is is too huge a jump to make, so you've put us inside Annie's perception of the refugee.

I love the last part where they are invited to church.

And I identify fairly well with the concept of the locals helping her with her English and encouraging her to record her story.

WELL DONE.
I loved this! You kept the best part for the end. Very well done. Blessings, Jules.
Oh,my! What a wonderful telling of a precious story! The characterization in this story is done by a true master writer! Wow!
01/15/06
Precious and beautiful.
This was very moving...while maintaining a sweet tenderness throughout. Great punch at the end - what a witness.
01/18/06
Awww... Yeggy! Another touching tale. I love how it starts, so different and then the simple explaination at the end (even though we knew it was coming ;))
I love your stuff!