The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 977 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
http://www.biblesabbath.org/confessions.html

Alexander Campbell, The Christian Baptist, Feb. 2, 1824,vol. 1. no. 7, p. 164.


"'But,' say some, 'it was changed from the seventh to the first day.' Where? when? and by whom? No man can tell. No; it never was changed, nor could it be, unless creation was to be gone through again: for the reason assigned must be changed before the observance, or respect to the reason, can be changed! It is all old wives' fables to talk of the change of the Sabbath from the seventh to the first day. If it be changed, it was that august personage changed it who changes times and laws ex officio - I think his name is Doctor Antichrist.'

Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, a paper read before a New York ministers' conference, Nov. 13, 1893, reported in New York Examiner , Nov.16, 1893.


"There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday. It will be said, however, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week .... Where can the record of such a transaction be found? Not in the New Testament absolutely not.


"To me it seems unaccountable that Jesus, during three years' intercourse with His disciples, often conversing with them upon the Sabbath question . . . never alluded to any transference of the day; also, that during forty days of His resurrection life, no such thing was intimated.

"Of course, I quite well know that Sunday did come into use in early Christian history . . . . But what a pity it comes branded with the mark of paganism, and christened with the name of the sun god, adopted and sanctioned by the papal apostasy, and bequeathed as a sacred legacy to Protestantism!"
I included the comment after not hearing from you terrific folks, just to have some yellow (and some support). Come on, critique me, let me have that proverbial "it."
07/22/14
Thank you for reminding us that we serve

a risen Saviour who also makes

intercession for us day and night.


Amen!


Keep writing to remind us of His truth.
07/22/14
First let me applaud your bravery... loudly.

Secondly my rhetorical question is "How do we balance the tradition of a female godess, who turns a bird into a rabbit that lays eggs, with the Story of our Lord?"

Her name by the way was Astarte or Ishtar, we would pronounce that Easter, and she was known in the bible as the Queen of Heaven.

Let me answer my own question... "You don't!"

Not only is the day wrong, put the one we worship on that day is also very wrong.

Bless you for this writing.
07/23/14
Love your boldness in the Lord and I applaud you immensely for standing with God and His word.

It always amazes me when I see "Easter" rabbits and egg hunting rituals going on forgoing the entire reason to celebrate.

Christ became our Passover, and it is He who we should glorify at all times. And one of the annual holidays to keep, it says so in the Bible.

Keep on preaching Sister! Good job.

God bless you~



Greek word pascha (Strong's Concordance #G3957), which means "Passover"
07/23/14
Most of our Christian traditions
have been secularized ad nauseam however I beg to defer on one of the points you made-although the spirit in which you made it is sound! I too applaud your effort to clarify this topic.

Here is an interesting link to how we are to observe the Lord's Day.
http://www.gotquestions.org/Saturday-Sunday.html

I'm going to PM you the entire article.

As always the time and obvious diligence you put into your entries is valued!