The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2105 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/22/05
Fascinating story..just thouroughly loved it. Wow! Thank you for sharing it was really well done! God bless you, littlelight
Well done! The only thing I've heard of this was in song. Enjoyed!
11/25/05
An amazing way to view the humble heart of a loving King. well done..
11/25/05
Very nice! I loved the contrast of the two men's attitudes.
11/25/05
'If you find the snow too deep, well, you may walk behind me and step in my footprints.' Loved this sentence! And a delightful read. Great atmosphere and character developement - could almost feel the frosty air in my lungs! :)
Bravo! A wonderful historical tale told in a very real and beautiful way. Definitely a favourite so far. Well done.
I really enjoyed this one. There was a good balance between the two halves of the story. Although I have heard the king's name before, I had never actually heard anything about him, so his name at the end was a nice surprise. Great job with all the characters!
11/26/05
Great story! It would seem that the servant didn't really know the meaning of the word. In humility there is strength!
11/26/05
I love historical fiction any time, and yours is excellent! Your title is clever too. I'll remember this come Christmas when we sing about this good king!
12/05/05
Really enjoyed reading this, Jan. tightly written, kept my attentions throughout, believable characters, strong sense of place. Thank you posting such a deep and layered tale without preaching. Yeggy