The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1001 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/11/12
Wow - My heart was touched by the grandmother who loved her grandchild, but couldn't handle the Herculean task of dealing with her behavior.

Well written...and I feel as though this is a true entry.

I pray all worked out for all parties concerned.

Thanks for sharing.

GOd bless~
05/13/12
Such a good story about this moving situation. I really doubt that the grandma would ever have a real chance to 'rest' even if someone came to help with the little girl, because grandma loved her so much!

I enjoyed the love measured out by grandma, it was an unconditional measure of understanding and patience.

Loved it, loved it!
05/15/12
The pains of it all for a worthy reason. God knows our hearts and sees our intents to reward us accordingly (Jeremiah 17:10). God bless.
Oh my heart hurt over this. I could picture the scared little girl testing her limits, trying to get the MC to give up on her, to discard her before she became attached. But like God's love, a grandmother has that unconditional love as well. There are so many different messages, depending on the state the reader is in. It takes a lot of talent to write that way and I enjoyed it immensely.
05/16/12
This was so moving an engaging - grabbing you right from the start and never letting go. My heart too ached for this little girl who was/is clearly scared and testing her limits to see who really cares for her. I was so impressed by the love this Grandmother showed - reminded me of my grandmothers. Bless you for this amazing piece!
05/16/12
Such a compelling story for all the grandparents who have had to step in and take an active, custodial role. I felt the weariness and anxiety of the MC. Good job. Well written. Thanks for sharing. God bless!
05/18/12
A picture of unconditional love, for sure. Great writing, Joy!