The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1166 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/24/05
ow.
good writing. I was able to be totally in synch with mom, in the moment. guess I have been there too often not to recognize myself. I enjoyed your ability to keep focused on the mom's reactions/conflicts and not get sidetracked into describing the childs reaction/conflicts until visually at the very end. Kept the story tight.
Good job. God Bless and Keep writing.
10/25/05
A struggle for many mothers, finding the child within and ignoring the 'Martha' within us all...
Left me speechless! And you know how difficult that is! This is beautiful writing identifying with the struggle in most moms!
10/28/05
I really enjoyed this. I like your exploration of the mom's reasoning and re-arrangement of her priorities. A wonderful 'seize the day' reminder... the opportunities pass too quickly. Thanks!
oooh! this was really good. I think you words are vivid.
Good story and good point!
11/01/05
Donnah, just wanted to pop by and let you know that you came very close to being in the Editors' Choice again this week. You ranked 10th out of 147 entries - quite an achievement. You are definitely going from strength to strength. Well done. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)