The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 802 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/02/11
What a lovely story and perhaps based on fact from a former age. A message of faith and hope through trials and persecution. Reminded me of Alex Haley's 'Roots.'
09/03/11
I loved this story...Also, loved the part that "man does not own the soul" God Bless~
09/05/11
Beautiful story, beautifully written. Loved it! God bless!
09/06/11
This is so well written…but it breaks my heart when I read stories like this – of cruel times in our history and the realization that so many could deem certain people of so much lesser value than their fellow man…sadly often while calling themselves Christians. This is a beautiful story of faith and expectations and I hope it places well!
I really enjoyed this story. Very well written!
09/07/11
Well written and excellent storytelling. Historical fiction is my favorite genre. You did it justice with your incredible story.
Very strong start that kept me reading; I especially liked the counterpoint interplay between the action and the words of the hymns.
Wow what an exciting and suspenseful glimpse into history. I found myself holding my breath from the first sentence and didn't breathe until the last.