The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1307 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/22/11
He has truly given so much more than we could ever repay! And He wants nothing but our love and devotion in return.

Absolutely beautiful! Well flowing, gorgeous wording.
This is lovely, it brought tears to my eyes. It is a beautiful message that should be shouted from the hilltops.
04/26/11
VERY nice! I especially loved how you set aside that one single last line--the 'kicker' that brings it all home. I loved it!
Beautifully expressed.
04/26/11
So much truth.
"me a pauper, You my sponsor..." Just love this line.
Mona
04/27/11
Thank you for sharing this - I really like it!
It is a declaration from God, isn't it? To give. In a love poem, you've beautifully expressed what God has asked us to be as He made us...in His image. Great job.
This just has the glory of God's giving love all over it. Thank you!
04/28/11
This is a poem that reflects how we [should] feel about God, like the psalmist in Psalm 8:4-5.

What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him? Yet You have made him a little lower than God, And You crown him with glory and majesty! (Psalm 8:4-5 NAS)

I especially like the part you show how we should respond to God and ask "What must I do to mirror Thee?" Excellent writing.

Congratulations in placing 8th in level 3 and 19th overall.
Hello Colin. How are you? Do you know Ruth Vickers? We met on Premier Community where I post most of my writing these days- occasionally here and at Worldwidebiblestudies. I have just posted today's sermon: "A Twin looks at Thomas Didymus, the Twin.
05/05/11

I agree with Edmond Ng, this reminds me of a psalm. Really enjoyed!

All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee. Psalm 145:10