The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1862 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/19/05
Very compelling! Excellent contrast between the temporary situation of a hotel, youth and Spring Break vs. the hardships of life and God's plans for eternal happiness.
I loved the last line: "Her heart soared as the smile on the face became her own." It perfectly described the new life she'd found in Christ. A well-written piece. Thanks for sharing.
09/20/05
I really enjoyed this entry. We never know what God will do when we plant the seeds. Well written story. :-)
Blessings, Lynda
09/20/05
terrific job and a good reminder that God does use the little efforts we make to spread the Gospel!
09/21/05
A well constructed story. You portrayed a readily believable person in Debbie and described the trash around her and the way she cleaned up in and interesting way, without info dumping. Yeggy
09/21/05
Interesting. This entry shows how the simple things can change lives.
I liked this story! I love how God's Word never returns void! Watch the adverbs but otherwise very well written!

09/21/05
I agree with the previous commenters, and I'll add that I really liked the pun in your title. At first I thought it was a typo, but no, it was intentional, and it was great!
09/22/05
Great title! And well-written story! One thing to work on is your point of view. I think you could tighten it up a bit in the first part (are we watching the scene through Chris's eyes or Carrie's?) and then leave an extra space when you transition to Debbie's POV. Again - GREAT story. Well done.
I liked this very much - the contrast between the young students and the cleaner is very resonate and it illustrates clearly the difference between 'sowing the seeds' and merely throwing them onto the ground. Tighten up the opening paragraphs a little; otherwise very, very good. God bless.
09/23/05
Very nice!
I enjoyed this from start to finish. The last line was great... very good. I enjoyed it. Blessings, Amy Verlennich
09/28/05
Terri, I loved this entry and gave it quite a high rating. It also rated very well with the other Level 3 judges, and you just missed making it into the semi-finals. You ranked 11th out of the 41 entries for this level. So well done! The story line appealed to me - probably because I opt for the less "in your face" approach. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)