The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1734 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Stream-of-conscious, quite creative!
02/22/10
Love your take on the topic! :) Your title is a riot! Your ending made me smile!
02/22/10
What am amazing story. Hey, why do they call them gold boxes? More like orange if you ask me. I like oranges and bananas but I don't much care for greens. Why don't people sells pinks or yellows then? I wonder what that button at the bottom does...
02/23/10
Your MC definately likes words!
I felt fatigued after reading this, like listening to a non-stop talker.
Very creative.
02/23/10
This is too real! Great job getting into your mc's head.
02/23/10
Gave me a glimpse inside that head. Smile. Purple carrots taste just like orange ones. Good job!
02/23/10
I like the way your MC rambled around in her own head. The use of light - hearted fluffy thoughts balanced by deep and heavy serious thoughts was a very effective method of writing. Keep up the good work!
~Cathy~
Ah yes, the rambling mind. Nice take on the topic. Good job!
Wow. What an adventure through the mind and thought process!
Hey have you been eavesdropping in my mind before I go to sleep? I loved it, I laughed the whole way through. It's comforting for me to know someone else thinks like I do (even if it's a fictional character), it might be scary for the rest of the world... But I enjoyed how fast the MC thoughts flitted from one subject to another and I love purple carrots! Great job.
02/23/10
I laughed out loud several times. The ramblings of an adolescent mind can be as exhausting as their incessant (did I spell that right?) energy. I have one twelve-year-old friend that likes to hang with me. She thinks I'm great and all I have to do is surface occasionally and say, "Uh,huh." Good understanding of those "tween" years.
Honestly, this was such a kick this morning when I read it! I have to laugh out loud to consider it really funny and trust me, I laughed out loud many times! What a great entry! And the title is beyond funny!
02/24/10
Ha ha ha...that's Sara! I love the sandbox idea!
02/25/10
HeHe! I can relate to the character about needing to write and not always getting a chance to. All those ideas just build up in your head. . . never thought of it like a sandbox though. A sandbox with purple buckets and tiny blue shovels! ;) Oh boy, I admit I have trouble staying on topic sometimes in my journal, but not like that! Of course, I'm also a lot older than the character.

I really felt for her in the end. A small glimpse of the problems in her young life. Glad that she sees everything in such a positive way. :) Cute story!
02/25/10
Very cute story. Easy to follow in a random sort of way :)
Nice job.