The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 802 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/28/10
This was a sweet story. I liked the gentleness of the story as well. You did a good job of letting the story flow unhurriedly to its powerful conclusion. Well done.
01/28/10
Very sweet story and nicely written, until this part:

Walking into the building, Amy’s dad had been transferred to Hospice where Sara, Amy’s mother sat by his side. Her hand in his, she spoke of the years they had together, the memories, the moments only they knew and shared.

Compared to your writing in the rest of the story, this paragraph is poorly structured. Perhaps if you reread it, you'll see what I mean. I'm new here and not sure how to properly critique, but I hope this is helpful. I really liked the essence of the story and especially the ending.

01/28/10
A powerful story, full of emotion. Very well done. Very moving!
I started crying just in anticipation that the daughter would name the child after "pearls".
Ok--you get the Kleenex award this week!
02/01/10
Beautiful story, well written,lovely picture of the father-daughter relationship.
02/03/10
Great story with an emotional punch! Tough to do without being too "sappy" but you somehow managed. A winner!