The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2209 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/26/09
I enjoyed this. I had to smile about the "accidentals"... sometimes they're a nightmare for the musician. :) It is fascinating that the spirituals can be played on the black notes of a piano. Nice take on the topic with this!
10/27/09
Very good! Definitely one of the top stories in this level.
Outstanding writing! This is a winner, I think.
10/27/09
You've done it again...excellent in every way!
This is on topic and so rich, I just love your writing style.
Can you tell I'm a fan? LOL

Mona
Excellent! Great take on the topic! I felt like I was right in the room with them, holding my breath so they wouldn't see me ;-)
A believable period piece without being over wrought. Your dialogue between the young master and the house maid immediately showed their mutual understanding of a truth yet to bare out in this time of history. There is so much to explore and understand in the genius of the old Negro gospel songs. You've presented one here quite well.
Very creative writing on topic. One of my favorites this week.
10/29/09
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 2nd PLACE IN ADVANCED AND ON YOUR E.C.!! :) You did a wonderful job of writing with this engaging story! Very creative take on the topic, too!
Excellent. A great story, very well written. Congratulations on your placing.
10/29/09
Congratulations, Rachel, on your level placing and EC!
10/29/09
Lovely story in every way! Congratulations on your very well-deserved EC!
10/29/09
I'm so glad your excellent writing is recognized. Well-deserved EC.

Mona
10/29/09
Excellent in every way! Congratulations on a well deserved win and EC!