The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1677 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/09/09
I love the emotion packed in here.
A beautiful piece. I love Grandma's spunk and Kim's sweet devotion. You wrapped it all up beautifully in your last line. Well done! :)
07/10/09
I loved this charmer ... the characters are wonderful.

Thank you.
07/11/09
I liked this a lot. It is well written and has a great message.
07/11/09
This story moved at a good pace and I enjoyed the happy ending.
Very sweet! I really enjoyed this, and want to meet Grandma!
What a great grandma! I want to be just like her when I grow up! **grin** You've captured some beautiful moments with this and I thank you for entering it! Kudos!!! Big time!
Last on the list, way up there in my thoughts. Thank you for this thoughtful story.
07/15/09
A very enjoyable read - very realistic too. Wonderful writing. Thanks. Colin.
07/15/09
I must admit I was a little put off with Kim at the beginning - she seemed so aloof and self-absorbed (nice job conveying that with her actions and thoughts!). But her character became so real and alive when she thawed upon seeing her Grandma. Loved the ending!
I loved the love between your two characters and the spirit of each of them.
Poor Kim! I know how those kind of days seem to just string you along, then rip you apart, this was lovely. I'm glad she had Grandma praying for her, yes indeed, it does work both ways.
07/16/09
Woohoo! Congratulations!!!! I'm so excited for you!
07/16/09
Oh, I love this story...well deserving of the first place win. Congratulations.
Lisa
Love the story and congratulation on your 1st place win!
07/17/09
Congratulations, Stina!
07/17/09
Christina, I just love the spirit of this wonderful entry! Very deserving!
Mona
07/18/09
What a lovely story. Isn't it ironic how often we think WE are the blessing and end up being blessed. I want to be just like Grandma when I "grow up"!