The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1308 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Excellent - This was like a modern interpretation of the Prodigal Son, written as a poem! It offers so much hope for mothers like this who pray.
05/21/09
Very enjoyable!
05/22/09
This was a great poem. Love the message it conveys--that Jesus hears us when we call--that he changes lives--and that there is power in prayer. Never give up on those in need of prayer--God will answer in His timing. The flow, rhyme and meter were A+ and I hope to see this in the EC list. Thumbs up to you.
05/26/09
This flowed well, with a strong regular meter, and your word choice made it taste of anger and rebellion!

Be careful with pronouns; all the way through 'He' and 'His' referred to the boy/young man. Then in the last 2 verses it suddenly referred to the Lord. It is pretty obvious that there has been a change, but even so it is one of those things that can cause the reader to 'stumble' and that spoils an otherwise good read.

You showed powerfully the Lord's ability to rescue absolutely anyone! Nice job.
07/01/09
Genia, I've just found this wonderful poem, and I plan to feature it in the Front Page Showcase for the week of July 5. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page, and congratulations!
07/07/09
Awesome... beautiful... excellent... I absolutely love your poem. It speaks to the love and devotion of a Godly mother, and brings to mind the verse about righteous, fervent prayer and how effective it can be. Thank you for sharing!
07/07/09
What a contrast… starting with your title. This goes against the current thinking of this age. Very nice work on this, Genia. I'm so glad to see this featured on the FW homepage.
Very Very Nice
This is a testimony to many praying Moms who sometimes get discouraged. God's timing is perfect and our faithful prayers will be honored. It encouraged me. Thank you for this poem and glad it was placed here.