The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1123 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/01/08
Love the double meaning in the title, and the slightly "ouchy" look at how indulgent we are when compared to third world countries. And the ending, with its smidgeon of understanding on the part of the sister, was perfect.
I agree with both comments so far. It was easy to feel the uneasiness of both the MC and her sister. Great dialogue between the two.
12/01/08
Very genuine, the expressions and scenarios were spot on. I was wondering how you'd end it, and I so glad they began to understand each other. Satisfying, but not Hunky Dory! Good creativity for the topic.
12/05/08
Sharon, in case you don't see the Highest Rankings each week, I just wanted to let you know that you did very well in the Challenge this week. Even though you didn't quite make it into the winners' circle, you made it into the highest rankings for Level 3, placing 10th for the level. You also made it into the Highest Rankings overall, placing 31st out of all the entries for the week.

The competition is always extremely intense in Level 3, so well done. Keep up the great writing.

If you would like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can see them here:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23289

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
12/05/08
How true this rings. Same feelings when I returned and was unable to adequately describe to anyone else who hadn't "been there". Good job. Keep writing.