The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1350 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/08
I've never experienced a miscarriage myself but now I understand so much better how hard it is for the whole family. You've done a great job showing the physical and emotional pain. You've also managed to show healing all in 750 words. Wonderfully done and a very nice tribute to a little boy in Heaven and his family here on earth.
11/03/08
I was warned about the kleenex, and found it valid.
You've touched on a "first" that parents have to deal with everyday with such tenderness and care.
I felt everybit of the pain and healing. Thankyou.
11/05/08
Ohhhh, VERY good writing, a "grabber" you took us there with them both. Beautiful writing and my heart sends yours a big hug!
11/05/08
ohhh...so sad. There's nothing emptier than a mother's arms, when she has lost her child.
The last paragraph is a bit anti-climatic, but I love the use of the word "Ebenezer"....beautiful story!
A beautiful, sad story and a tribute to a happy baby in heaven.
11/06/08
I connected through your blog, Mari, to the precious lady that this story is based on. Her loving testimony and strong faith was so touching to me. What a happy Christmas they will all have some day, but in the meantime, she has found the strength and hope that only God can bring. This is a loving and tender tribute.
I have an aunt who's been married for more than twenty years. She's suffered more than a dozen miscarriages and has spent so much on IVF to no avail, so I know what this story means.
I know of the emptiness and pain and I can only ask God to comfort, to bless, to uphold this family as we head towards Christmas.
11/06/08
Beautiful, broke my heart and left it hopeful at the same time. Very well-written. We must not forget those who have experienced losses and who grieve during the holidays.