The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1231 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I love your title and especially since I know who the 'other women' are! This was great with all the wedding details and I loved to get inside the MC's head with all the decorations, like the flowers and the flip flops. This was really good! ^_^
Oh, the details are wonderful. You put your reader into the scene, and with just the right touch of humor. Excellent!
05/19/08
Whoa, quite a contrast between the two mothers! There will be a lot of interesting family stories in the years to come, for sure.
I just love the down home personality of Micheal's mom. Yes, I also agree the family stories should be very interesting with this cast of charactors. Well done my friend.
Delightful from start to finish. I almost choked when I read "The organist pushed her gemstone-encrusted glasses farther up on her nose, adjusted her girdle as surreptitiously as she could". What a way with words you have. I too loved Michael's mother. Excellent.
You have set the tone for very precarious times ahead and so true to life.

Your POV from the mother of the bride is probably so much truer in som many weddings that we don't want to know.
You talk about contrasts! This is so well done and you are such a master of detail and description! Big time kudos!
This piece was a lot of fun! What an interesting blend of backgrounds; Michael's life will be exciting, to be sure!

When Michael's mom was thinking to herself, it caused a bit of confusion with POV for me, but not terribly.

Your descriptions were exquisite, catching not only the physical details, but the emotions and the personalities of the characters.

Very well done!

Cheri
I really enjoyed seeing the vast differences between the two moms. Your words and descriptions paint a vivid picture of the wedding. This was a great read.
05/24/08
Yes, this is a story that leaves the reader wondering what happens next. I agree that the POV shifts were a bit confusing at first, but this was a very good story and a good way to treat the subject. And I knew I had to read it the moment I saw the title!