The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1362 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/21/08
Thank you for sharing from your heart. No matter what anyone tells you, male or female, you write as the Lord leads you. May He encourage you as you need to be encouraged, grow you when you need to grow, and fill you up when it seems your pen has run dry. This was a very well-written testimony.
Women are able to understand this same feeling in which you have expressed in your writing. With male dominated leadership in churches it is sometimes hard for females to be taken seriously in matters of being called of God. I agree with your conclusion! Never give up and stick your talent in the ground because the Master will be checking back to see what you've done with the gift.
A very transparent testimony! You make this seem like it could be any one of us struggling with being accepted and breaking into a new market. I liked it. Nice job.
02/23/08
Don't allow yourself to give up. Male or female,l it matters not, God has given you a gift to be used for His glory. I was in grade school when I realized how much I loved to write. I didn't do anything with it till now thanks to Faithwriters. I am now 74 yrs. old and having the time of my life. Time is to precious and life is too short.
02/24/08
Very good example of cutting your nose off to spite your face. But, to ease your mind, no worries here at FWs. These ladies are a class act with both honor and integrity. You'll be very blessed here. God bless.
02/24/08
Love your last sentence!

Don't worry about the "networking"--just jump right in! The men on this site are excellent writers and encouragers, and I trust that you'll soon feel fully a part of this wonderful community.
02/24/08
I am very glad you shared your heart here! All of us seemed to have stumbled on to Faithwriters in unique ways and at perfect times in our lives. The good thing about FW is that gender/age/nationality really doesn't matter. We all are one in our interest and our faith! Welcome to FW!
Laury
04/09/08
Colin, I'm so glad you found us. I've been watching your entries each week and seeing you grow. You're a very good writer--don't ever let those inner voices make you give up.

As for the "women" thing, you are so right. The same is true when it comes to find volunteers to judge the Challenge--about 85-90% women. The same thing with the 500. So it blesses me enormously whenever I see brother in Christ serving the Lord through the written Word.

In His love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator and Editor, FaithWriters' Magazine)