The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1289 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
At first I thought simply of a physical body, but then the words and a quick glance again at your title confirmed it was the body of Christ of which you spoke. So true. Sometimes the church is in such agony it allows the bigger picture to slip away for a time. But He has promised that the gates of hell shall not prevail against His church, the bride.
10/14/07
I rest in perfect harmony
When I can keep our dreams in view—

Like that line. This was a thought-provoking poem.
Laury
10/14/07
A absolutely LOVE your title...what a beautiful thought. I like the double meaning of your poem. This line, "My heart is churned by every ache" is such a perfect description! Lovely poem, beautifully and worshipfully written!
10/15/07
A truly sweet poem of personal worship to our Lord and Savior. Well done.
10/15/07
I loved the not-so-obvious allegory! This has so much depth, meaning and encouragement for the church and the Body of Christ and should be submitted somewhere. Don't let it sit around!

I so enjoyed this!
10/15/07
This is brilliant.
Oh, what a creative poem! So well done, communicating such tenderness. I really like the subtlety here, letting the title do the directing. Thank you for this lovely work!
10/16/07
This is wonderful, Ben. I have been there, and this so ministers to me. Much depth.
This is an awesome poem for the church as the body of Christ. Outstanding writing.
This is so good. The message is great. Perfect title, too. Well done.
I like the way you presented unity in worship here!
10/17/07
Beautiful imagery of the Bride of Christ and the body of believers. You caused me to think of the last verse of Keith Greene's song, "When I Hear Your Praises Start":
"My precious bride, the day is nearing
when I'll take you in my arms and hold you.
I know there's been a lot of things that you've been hearing, but you just hold on to what I have told you..."

Lovely word pictures in this poem.
10/17/07
The rhythm of this piece is a difinite song. I actually sung it as I read it. Great job.
Superb! My favorite stanza is #4. Love the title, too.
Besides the fact that I generally struggle with the thought of being a bride, God or no God, lol... This poem was very true and very heartfelt, Ben! Thanks for posting this.