The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1676 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
A good story and a good lesson. The scripture you used is one of my favorite Jesus stories and one I sometimes call upon when I feel un-calm. I think it is because it incorporates His humanity and God-nature so masterfully in one tidy sentence.
09/21/07
Yikes, I'd love to have your attitude toward those sirens and lights!

This is exactly the way a devotional should be written...really engaging "hook", short and to-the-point lesson, compelling voice.
09/22/07
It's an interesting and well written devotional. I kinda am depressed about it, though. I'm too Polly Anna-ish, I guess. I don't want to get used to gunshots, sirens, hurting people, and all that junk. Yes, I'm mad at Satan, too. I wonder, though, how much light we're spreading to such a dark world and we've had 2000 years holding, maybe hording, the Answer, too.
This is a creative way of weaving violence into the calming account of Jesus on the sea. Very interesing writing.
09/26/07
Love the voice - and this is amazingly engaging. Excellent, unique perspective. Love it.
09/27/07
Loved the writing, but hated the attitude. Jesus DID something when the disciples called out to him. You asked "what can I do?" Why not pray? That's the most important thing anybody can do. After that you can do like Jesus and go back to sleep, It might just be your prayer that makes a difference.