The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1346 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is wonderful. I can so picture Abby and her great Aunt. Your descriptions are so real. Great job. Out of the Mouth of Babes, for sure!
07/19/07
Children are definitely used by God to open our adults eyes to many truths. WOnderful piece. Abby is delightful and so innocent before God.
07/21/07
Sweet story with well-created characters.
07/23/07
Wonderful story and a very appropriate message for a world where nothing except God is constant.
07/23/07
Just LOVE Abby! A sweet, heartwarming story!
07/23/07
This is a lovely story! I like both your characters and the way they interact. Good, natural dialog, too.
I have an Abby, too! Must be something about that name.
This is such a tender story and I love the way you treated it. I felt good just having read it. You're quite a story teller!
07/24/07
What a beautiful story. You write so very well. I could feel the gloominess in the elderly woman and the contrasting delight in the little girl. As one of my nephews once said, about his baby sister, "God gives us babies to make us laugh." Isn't it wonderful that we have those little ones around us! [My special delights are named Clairy and Izzy (^&^)]
Wonderful message. It is true that the best teachers are often children. I liked the interaction between the child and the elderly lady. Well done.
You really captured the simple joy that hung like a halo around this little girl. I loved the turning point when Fran asked herself the mental question, "Had her sorrows and fears overshadowed the love displayed?" This was a beautiful story!
I loved your story of this wonderful little girl and the joy she brought. The message is just right for "happiness."
A great lesson we all should take to heart. Loved reading this.
This gave me goosebumps. Good job. I love the dialouge between them and the message underneath is simply priceless. ^_^ Wonderful writing!
Oh, this is so good! The innocent wisdom of children can be so inspiring.