The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1482 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Hmmm. I like the twist on this that it was the grandmother's adventure and not the grandson's. The teenage character was pretty much captured here. I liked the adventure clip with the strange notes popping up and having to search them out for the source. Very creative! ^_^ (and quite the leap of faith!)
06/01/07
I liked the story, and it held my attention to see where the notes were leading her.

But I'm somewhat confused. If this is the grandmother talking, and she has a 19-yr old grandson, the timing doesn't work for me. The movies quoted were from the 70's, weren't they? If she was in college in the 70's, how could she now have a grandson in college? Have I missed something?

This was fun to read.

Cute story. Chidren do listen, no matter what we think. I like the Grandma/grandson approach here.
This was a realy good idea and well executed. I see the timing issue, but I think you just made a mistake . The two boys were well characterized and I loved the sensitivity of the younger grandson. Wonderful way to share Christ with him and give him the seeds to want to make a decision for Christ! Well done.
06/07/07
Good mystery woven through this story with all the clues. I enjoyed that approach and it kept my interest. Nicely done.
"Jeff had his Philosophy book open in the living room, but I knew he was listening. His book was upside down."

"My book was open but my mind was closed."

Two of my favorite lines!

I didn't catch the timing issue. Those are just some of the things we have to be cognizant of when we write.

I loved reading this. With college-aged kids of my own, I enjoyed how your grandma interacted with her grandkids.

Many blessings,
Cheri