The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2121 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great job! the sonnet works well for telling these three vignettes. I enjoyed reading them.
05/26/07
Great job. I like this.
I enjoyed these sonnets - I thought they were well written, and share important truths as well.
Wonderful account of Bible truths and how they affect each one.
05/30/07
One of my personal favorites this week! I really enjoyed the writing skill! WOW!
05/30/07
Interesting and nicely done. I liked the contrast in the three sonnets. Thanks for sharing this
05/30/07
I enjoyed this very much. Great rhyme and meter, and good messages (no need to apologize, silly!)
05/30/07
A sonnet is the purest form of poetry. Thank you for these offerings. I will re-read them many times.
I enjoyed your macabre sonnets! My favorite lines were:
He had it all, but such a foolish man
and
Delilah dallied ever delving dep
Sorry, I believe that was a misquote! DEEP
06/01/07
I knew I missed out on something great this week. I loved the poem, girl. Nice rythm, rhyme and message. Also really liked the title. You've been on a roll this quarter. Some great stuff. God bless.
How in the world did I miss reading these, Edy! You're a master of the sonnet form for sure! What a treat to read these skillfully woven poems! I've got to read more of yours.
02/23/08
Oooh, Edy, I loved these! Having them all be related with the moral tying all the thoughts up neatly at the end was good. My favorite was Sonnet I. I've always been fascinated with the story of Jael. However did she get the guts to put a tent peg through Siserah's brain??? I don't know if I could do that...yucky. I have to agree, sonnets are challenging. They're a real discipline, but fun to write and fun to read!
And on a second reading, they're even better!
I don't know anything about sonnets but I loved reading these. Two thumbs up!