The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1664 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very well written - I enjoyed this one. I loved the legacy left by Sunset Sally even after she had passed away. I did notice a few sentences which didn't begin with capital letters, but I think perhaps that was part of the poem. (I really don't know much about these things!)
This is a neat telling of a story in poetical form.
I would only encourage you to watch your rhymes; some of them sounded a bit forced to me.
Keep up the good work!
05/25/07
Awesome, awesome, awesome. I haven't found one yet that has touched my heart like this one. Good job.
05/25/07
WOW! One of my favorites!
What an absolutely lovely narrative poem!
05/26/07
Very moving. There's something powerful and riveting in narrative poetry. Traditional thinking may frown upon the capitalization style you've adopted, but you're consistent. With a beautiful message like that - who cares?
Wonderful poem.
05/29/07
I am in awe of what you've done here. It's creative, touching and heartfelt. In my book, it's a winner!
Congratulations on reaching "Highly Commended" with this delightful poem!
05/31/07
Congratulations. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to read your poem. This is absolutely beautiful. Good job.
09/29/07
Birdie, this is lovely! I plan to feature it on the Front Page Showcase for the week of October 15. Look for it on the FaithWriters home page.
10/15/07
Beautifully written with a wonderful message. I love your beginning stanza, "Moonlight spun on silver wings like fairies o’re the spires. Raindrops kissed with gentle lips; each droplet she admires." Congrats on being in the Featured Member Showcase!
I'm not sure how I missed this beautifully crafted poem, but I'm glad it appeared in the showcase, allowing me to find it today. Blessings, Birdie!
10/18/07
cool, I really like this
Birdie, this is beautiful! You painted pictures and strummed my heartstrings with your words. My soul was "moved with compassion" as I read it. Bless you for spreading "SON"shine.
10/20/07
Wow! That was beautiful and inspiring. I am blessed to have found this group adn look forward to growing with you all. Thank you for this lovely piece. I think it would be fabulous to use in praise dance!
10/20/07
This is absolutely beautiful and such a blessing. So worthy of showcase placement. Wonderful!
10/22/07
This was inspiring to me. It was also very well-written.