The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1353 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/14/07
How interesting! I've never heard this story before.

The middle part was a bit confusing. "She was not heard from for 500 years," at least to me, indicates more of a physical thing than a vision/dream. This left me wondering how she could be heard from 500 years later. It also made the transition to heaven a bit difficult for me. Also, a rosery is common enough that an explanation probably isn't needed.

Again, this was very informative. I really liked how personal you made the characters and story.
05/16/07
I've ever heard of St. Rosalia before, so was interested in her story. I was a little confused at the 1624 AD part as to why Benedetta and her mother were speaking hundreds of years later, but it cleared up as I read on. Thank you for sharing about this unusual woman!
05/18/07
Good story. I'd never heard of this saint either, but I enjoyed the tale. I think this could be made a bit more clear if it were a little longer and included a few more details... I also got confused when it moved into the future, with the family looking on from heaven. But that was a neat touch, just needs a bit of tweaking. I wanted to hear a bit more about Rosalia, too... :)