The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1515 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/13/07
This is certainly a heartwrenching story, you brought tears to my eyes when she felt death. Great writing!
05/13/07
WOWSERS!!! This definetly kept my attention! I felt her pain. Heartwrenching! If my contacts weren't so darn dry, I think I would have cried. I only wish I knew more about this period in time in Japan (? or is it China?) and the circumstances surrounding it.
05/13/07
Simply heartbreaking -and a reminder of how truly easy we have it.
05/14/07
This is beautiful and I especially love all of the cultural touches and bits of the Japanese language you have sprinkled throughout. It really makes the piece all the more authentic and tragic. Wonderful!
05/14/07
This is simply spectacular.
05/14/07
I LOVE finding your stories - they are always so rich with ambience. This is absolutely tactile. Wonderful.
05/15/07
This was AWESOME!! So many people lose their lives for thier family and their faith. You did a truly great job.
I can hardly find adjectives to describe this piece. It's so good I'm almost left speechless. You can be so proud of it and I hope you win big time! Kudos!
great writing ... kept my attention. I agree with Jan ... Spectacular.
05/16/07
Bummer! That nasty word limit has kept me from learning even more! This is superbly written. With much feeling. Very emotional. A grand piece!
Wow... Bittersweet story, presented in a beautiful way. Thank you for sharing this!
I felt this. Powerful. It gave me goosebumps. This is some awesome writing here. Way to go Lady Tama!
This was hauntingly delicate and beautiful. Although about a tragic moment, you were still able to capture setting, character,time and the emotional atmosphere with your wonderfully serene writing style. Keep up the great work -
This was a very strong story, but I'm confused as to what was taking place here and why. I guess a little more of the history of this period would have helped. However, it was a very powerful piece.