The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1528 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was a sad and intriguing piece. Might just be me, but I was a little unsure of how it fitted into the 'romance' genre though. Perhaps it does, and I've just missed something. Very well written though. It would be interesting to hear a part two to this piece from 'Sparrow's' point of view!
04/27/07
Is this a true story and is there more to it? You held my interest throughout. Could it be that the young boy fell in love with little sparrow? And lost her -- so sad.
04/30/07
This is one of my favorite songs, I cry every time! This wasn't a straight romance but a love story just the same. Well done.
Young love. How sweet, but sad. Good writing. I loved the Sparrow reference.
05/03/07
Aww...I like pieces with emotion and this certainly had it. Well done.
05/03/07
Sad how we don't always realize the love we have for someone until we loose them. Your story doesn't say, but I picture Andy and his family as missionaries. Great job showing Christ's love through His people. I like the dream at the end.
Beautiful story. I love the name you picked for the child--my nickname! :-)
05/03/07
What a fascinating piece! I am left wondering what happened to precious little Sparrow. Great use of emotion and a clever twist on the theme.
Beautiful, sad story. Definitely a love story. So very well written.
05/04/07
Very lovely, touching, moving, inspiring writing from the heart of a romantic. Excellent. God bless.
05/08/07
You could have left the song off at the end. I already had tears in my eyes. His Eye is on the Sparrow is possibly my favorite song. I loved hearing and watching Ethel Waters sing it at the Billy Graham cruisades. Thank you and God bless.