The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1485 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/29/07
Wow, a romance set in a brothel--that was brave of you! The writing was good, kept drawing me onward, that's for sure. But I was hoping for redemption of your character through her romance with the cop, so I felt slightly let down at the ending. You definitely made me care about her, and I wanted to know more about how she had spent her life after Karl.
04/30/07
What a brave take on romance. I was surprised by the ending, but this was a real life ending, and very well written.
Oh, this is sad! You pulled me in and didn't let go to the end. A wonderful read.
04/30/07
This is a great story. It would be even more enjoyable, I think, without the word count limitation. I suggest drawing it out as a novella or screenplay.
Very different approach to romance. You captured it well. Like many others this week, there was not enough space for more detail. I especially liked the line (as heaven bids the earth "good night"). Very picturesque!
05/02/07
Great stuff here ole friend. A bold approach to the topic and real life feel to it. Super job. God bless.
11/26/07
Another one of your titles pulled me in for a read. Sorry I missed this before now! I'm definitely voting for more on this story. How about a made-for-tv movie? What a scenario! And, what a poetically perfect ending. I love this, Friend!