The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1057 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/20/07
Just on the shady side of brilliant. With some dedication, this could be the premise for a screenplay.
04/20/07
Yes, I could picture this with each vignette. Mud throwing, eating the baby giraffe, this was all great descriptions, dialogue, and smooth. Great ending, very nice!
This was an excellent satire.
04/22/07
Do you have a congressman, senator, president, premier or prime minister you could send this too? They might learn something. Great work!
Great story! :-) I noticed where you threw your brick that you're from Oklahoma. Is this in any way representative of Oklahoma politics? :-) (I'm from Oklahoma, too, I can ask that.) :-)
04/25/07
This is absolutely my favorite this week. Had to clean off my monitor after the bit with the baby giraffe.
04/25/07
This is Grrrreeeaaattt (yeah, I know he's a lion and not a tiger, but you know..I had to!). LOVED it! The rats were a riot! lol
04/25/07
This is Grrrreeeaaattt (yeah, I know he's a lion and not a tiger, but you know..I had to!). LOVED it! The rats were a riot! lol
04/26/07
Oh, I really enjoyed this. And I bet you did to. Fast paced. Fun dialogue and the occasional description that lifted the story and defined character: 'The lion placed his paw on his face, “I’m in so much trouble.”' A funny story that packed a punch.
04/26/07
Thanks for all the great comments. Yes, I had thought of turning this into a screenplay. No, I did not have any one politician in mind. (being satirical do you really think any of them would get it). And Yes, I am in Oklahoma, where I thankfully allow politicians to have very little influence over my life, a necessary evil. ;)
05/10/07
Apologies for contacting you this way but we need your bio note please for the Faithwriters book "Hidden in the Hymns". Can you please contact me?