The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1506 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
What a beautiful story! Your ending was such a blessing about them dancing in Heaven! Precious memories how they linger.... Loved your story!
04/18/05
My favourite line is:

the mellowing that occurs over time when two primary colors become blended, revealing a new shade uniquely their own.


Loved that - it describes marriage so well.

I enjoyed your entry - strong images and strong ending.
04/19/05
This was awesome! This is one of the best-written stories this week. Definitely a winner in my book.
04/19/05
This was just beautiful! I loved the line, "as long as they leaned toward each other, neither would fall." A beautiful, not to mention, rare account of what a marriage should be.
This reminded me of the picture we have of my grandparents dancing. They have both passed away now, and I too, picture them dancing before God. Thank you for the memories.
Amy
04/20/05
Very moving. Good job ... nice dance!
04/21/05
Beautifulimagery of the dance as also a life learning of relationship.
04/23/05
This was so touching and beautifully written. Thank-you for giving us this gift.
04/25/05
This was almost heart stopping in it's beauty. Beautifully written.
04/26/05
Lois, seeing your name in the winners' list is becoming fairly common these days - and deservedly so. Congratulations on your 7th place win in the Editors' Choice awards. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Lois, I really, REALLY love this story. I read it a couple of weeks ago and was interrupted before I could comment. I've even quoted it to others in conversation. Wonderful work! :)
This was my favorite part. It is such TRUTH!

I remember the conflict during my childhood, like tandem riders leaning opposite directions fighting for control in the turns. What if they had abandoned the struggle during their times of discouragement? Others did: others who would never learn the secrets that only a lifetime brings; the mellowing that occurs over time when two primary colors become blended, revealing a new shade uniquely their own.