The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1449 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/03/07
Oh, I almost felt I was reading a story about myself!

There were a few minor punctuation errors, but nothing major that detracted from the story.

I especially could relate to being the child who knew all the answers but was never called on. lol
02/03/07
I agree so much with that last comment! And it breaks my heart, as I teach students with reading problems, and very few of them will ever know the joy of reading for pleasure. I felt as if I were reading an essay by a kindred spirit, here.
02/04/07
To see an intriguing picture and not read the Caption! How disturbing?? The last line sums this "on target topic" entry up in a nutshell! Nice job with clear message.
Your last line is unfortunately so true. Our libraries are full of books sitting there, never being read because kids and grownups are glued to their computers or televisions. Granted, it could be argued that at least they are reading there (or here) but there is nothing like settling down with a good book and letting your imagination run rampant. I'm so thankful my childhood included one day a week when Mother would take all of us to the library where we each checked out 10-15 books to last us all week. Reading for pleasure is becoming quickly a lost art and we're diminished as a nation because of it.