The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1706 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/10/06
What a gift to be able to go back in time and be able to look into a brave nurse's heart. I loved this sentence,"My brave, strong, soldiers, medicated for pain in some cases, sleep like so many little brothers." There were a couple of mistakes, but neither took away from the story. As a child, my father served in Vietnam. If he'd been wounded, I would have wanted my father attended by an angel like you. God bless you for serving your country with all your heart.
I thought your article was wonderful. It evoked vivid pictures in my mind and I wondered if my husband, who was a nurse in the Air Force experienced similar feelings. God Bless our "Angels" in uniform and thank God for our Guardian Angels that surround us!
11/17/06
a florescent DAVEY lamp for this inspiring story. Thank you for sharing it.
11/17/06
Strong slice of life story. Captivating with a onvincing voice that revealed the heart of the nurse. Very visual.
11/17/06
Your story reads so well. You seem so at ease with words and imagery. Nothing seems contrived. The pace is, somehow, relaxed, even with the word limit. You said it and said it well even with the restrictions given to you. You know what was the coolest thing? You had us focus on the conscientious objector and we thought that was the story, then you caught us by surprise so that we were as surprised as your narrator was when the thought occured to her that she was a guardian angel. We hadn't been considering that thought, either! You are a talented writer.
11/17/06
Absolutely riveting Edy! Such a detailed scene of another Korean M*A*S*H - but in the Viet Nam era. Oh, how I hate war: but Oh how you have made our Heroes "Real" in this story...loved it! And great title. God Bless.
11/19/06
Oh Edy! This is beautiful. I loved your story from start to finish. Bless you for being a guardian angel for so many!
11/19/06
Thanks for taking us on this journey. This kind of experience is beyond what I can imagine myself. No wonder you made it into the top 40. Great job.
11/19/06
TOP 40 ENTRIES - “DOCTOR/NURSE” CHALLENGE
39 Guardian Angels by Edy T Johnson
TOP 15 LEVEL 3 ENTRIES - “DOCTOR/NURSE” CHALLENGE
10 Guardian Angels by Edy T Johnson
03/25/07
I remember the days - taped IV bags/bottles, counting drip rates, reflected light to monitor pts...
You were a Guardian Angel. Thank you for serving!