The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1452 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/06
I liked the sense of familiarity between the two men. They knew each other well, and out of that bond they were able to communicate on a deep level.
10/21/06
You did it! "What does that mean?", you may ask. It means that I'd been reading challenge entries for quite some time now...when finally THIS one did it! Brought me to tears! If I laugh aloud, or shed tears...that means my emotions have been touched, and I felt it! You did it! Very well done! Great read, and super write! Bless you and thank you!
10/25/06
This one really spoke to me on a personal level...and I'm NOT a cop. This is a statement about our humaness and existing in this world, doing whatever we do, still holding on to the Lord. If our faith isn't tested everyday, we're probably not fully involved in life. This story speaks directly to that very intuitively. This is a beautiful slice of life and all its degrees. Wonderfully engaging!
Author's note: I didn't have enough words to put this in the actual story, but the title of this story is in honor of a Steve Taylor song of the same name.
10/26/06
What great dialogue, Steve! I can definitely see why this did so well. Exceptional job, my friend. Congratulations!!
10/27/06
You packed a lot into this; the relationship between husband and wife, man and priest and man and God. Also you got inside what it must feel like for some policemen in a realistic and believable way. Yeggy

10/27/06
Congratulations, Steve! It's great to see your name and your story in Editor's Choice. You know how to set the stage with precision in just a few words (first paragraph). Then, this reader felt like a mouse in the corner, feeling the warmth from the stove, inhaling the fragrance of the coffee, joining in the thought-processes triggered by Father D's question. Just the sort of story I relish! Thank you, friend!