The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1598 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/14/06
We all are a work in progress, in the hands of the Master. I would have loved being there to see Bettina's finished painting.
Reading this story has brought peace to my heart.
06/14/06
Very nicely done. I thoroughly enjoyed your descriptions and the way you wove the poem into the story. Thanks for sharing.
06/14/06
For a writer who also likes to paint, I find this to be a magical story. You have a couple intriguing characters, here, and I hope this is just the start of a fully developed (no word limits!) story, maybe even a novel! God bless your writing. I enjoyed this.
This was very well done. Thanks.
06/14/06
This is really good. Sometimes we have to stand back in order to see the big picture, but even when we can't we are reminded that God does. Well done.
06/15/06
This is beautiful - I love it - the characters, the growth in both characters, the description of the painting - and just the words you've chosen. It's magnificent.

Just the other day, I watched a TV show where Hercules Poirot trudges through the beautiful countryside thinking it 'wilderness'. He says, "This is why we pay artists to stand out here and paint it. Then we can admire it in the comfort of civilized art galleries!" Bettina Rose, however, says that she painted God's grandeur for "those less fortunate than ourselves." Hmm - thanks for getting me thinking!
06/15/06
Knowing some of your gifts... just wanted to ask if you've written the screen play yet? This feels like a movie worthy piece. Deep, thought provoking excellence. I was pulled into the painting and the moment. Great work my friend!