The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1942 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/06
Lack of prosperity is a world wide problem; however, I suggest you might find more interest for your Advertisement in the Message Boards of FW. The entry is well written, however, and thank you for sharing.
05/19/06
I agree with the previous comment that the above article is well written, but I will go further. I have read through a lot of articles where people talk about the unseen prosperity of a loving, God-fearing home and that great.
But while we are caught up in finding the prosperity in our own lives, we forget that God prospers us for a reason.
I am glad that the author shared this. It has a challenge that we need to hear everyday.
05/19/06
Yes, thank you for sharing your vision. This might not be a "genre" in the established sense, but it's a story that needs telling and I think you did a good job at it.
05/20/06
I very relevant piece of creative literature. Excellent.
05/20/06
well written informational piece. Touches the heart and reminds us of needs we don't often see. Nice job!
Pat,

This is well written (as always) and a beautful account of a heart wrenching truthful tale. I've seen this and you wrote about it truthfully. You spared no expense. I loved the passion of this piece and congrats for writing such a troubling, horrific piece. I hope everyone will read this one. My friend got home from Sri Lanka last week and was talking about the homeless families sleeping in tents on the beach where the wave struck over a year ago. She talked about the poverty, yet the thankfulness that they have and I was reminded once again how our problems here are so minimul compared with those in other countries. Very good reminder Pat. Great!
05/22/06
Pat,
This is an excellent entry. I'm glad that you entered it and that you hinted. It is a difficult read, but it is a well-written reminder of the ones we are called to care for. Whenever I see pictures of these little ones, my heart aches for them. With your words you painted a picture of them with. Once again, I'm reminded how I want to take care of them. I think that might I can sponsor a child... something...
Anyway, thank you for sharing.
05/22/06
I wouldn't change a word! The most effective thing here is your personification of Prosperity...this is a lump-in-the-throat read, enhanced by your awesome writing talents.
05/23/06
A true writer writes from the heart - which you have done so effectively. Though extremely sad, it is a painful truth of this world. Great job, Pat. You dug right in! It's often in reading/seeing painful truths of this world that sparks those who have prosperity to do something about it. :) Jo
05/23/06
Pat, I don't see this as an advertisement at all! We should never grow numb at reading stories or articles like this. I loved the angle you took and the slant of this piece. You asked for ending suggestions. Here is my humble offering: maybe you could write another snippet about how American children take their own prosperity for granted. These days, kids think they lack prosperity if they don't have the latest Video Game system. My own kids are guilty of this. We really don't have a clue how blessed we are. By comparing what we think of as prosperity to what prosperity really is, would drive your point home even further and possibly convict many who need conviction. Just a suggestion. Regardless, I'd love to see this piece published somewhere. In my opinion, your writing keeps getting better and better. Keep up the great work! Blessings, Lynda
05/23/06
What a unique piece! You've done a great job here at conveying a very important message.
Pat, in this piece you are a master portrait artist. The reality of the tortured angel faces here is gripping and demanding. No one can read this and simply walk away without the eyes of God calling that one to accountability! We must act as a church and as individuals to be God's hands and heart to these little ones! Thank you, friend, for this extraordinary piece!
05/23/06
A graphic piece of honest reporting. Not an easy task to undertake but you did so with the courage of your convictions. Excellent!
05/23/06
God bless you for bringing attention to this world-wide tragedy. I hope that the picture you've painted stays in the mind of every reader and compels them to action. Great job, Pat!
Thank you for being their voice, and such an eloquent, impassioned one! I'm sending this to my niece in Galati, Romania, where she and her team cover many street children with God's love-wings. Praises to God for raising up the voice of a true servant!
Beautifully written. You captured a part of life that most of us rarely think about. Thank you.
05/23/06
Such compelling writing; such a compelling subject! You pulled emotion from the depths of my heart. What one person is able to do seems like so little, and yet that is the only way. This is flawless, in my view, and ready for the publisher. God bless your writing!
Wow. This was very powerfully written. Beautiful, gutwrenching, tearjerking, tender... Thank you.
These seemingly random snippets say more than any single report - they make the issue a global (human kind) thing that transcends geography, race, culture. You've done a thorough and descriptive job with your reporting, and in a way that touches the soul and spirit of the reader. Great job with a tough subject!

05/25/06
Such a sad subject, yet told so eloquently. Almost poetic. And very brave to take a stand and challenge others too also. Beautifully written. We hear your heart's cry. God bless you and all the angels you reach with this cry.
05/25/06
Woo hoo Pat!! You did it!! I knew you would! This was great! I'll be missing you!
05/25/06
Congrats on a well-deserved win! Loved it!
05/25/06
I hate this piece. I detest it because it rings so true and describes a situation which is incredibly unjust and very wrong.

The strength of my reaction, though, is a compliment to the author. May this piece be powerfully used to draw attention the injustice in the world, and may it provoke action.
05/25/06
COngratulations, Pat. This is brilliantly, powerfully, gut-wrenchingly written
05/25/06
Congratulations on your win. This piece definitely deserves to be published. I hope it spurs people on to action!

Love,
Rachel
05/25/06
Congratulations Patty! This is an awesome...powerful peace. You certainly deserve to move up to the big leagues :)

Darlene
05/25/06
What a heartwrenching, powerful, inspired work! I believe with all my heart that God will use this piece to save mutlitudes of those hurting children.
Congratulations, Pat! This win is shared by the entire body of Christ. May your faithful, mighty pen blaze ever hotter from your new level of honor! Yippeeee!!!!
Pat, this was so passionate, and well written. I love the way you capture the heart of your readers with the emotion and passion of your writing. Well Done my FaithWriter friend. love and many hugs, Naye