The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1294 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is written very well. I would suggest that you break up her monologue at the end. It'll be easier to read. Good job none the less.
04/27/06
A very good point about inner strength, and well-written too.

One note - it should be "higher-ups", not "hire-ups".
04/27/06
God whispering in your ear would be 'Inner Strength' IMHO

This had a good flow until the end of the piece and then it felt a little like a lecture. The way that you ended with "can I get some more coffee", however, was very believable and a solid conclusion. Nicely done.
04/27/06
Glad he got left with egg on his face!
04/28/06
I liked the thougts she expressed and and her inner comments throughout. I liked that she had a good comment back but it seemed like alot in one paragraph...if it could be broken up or shortened that would help with the reading. I too loved the ending. Good job!
04/28/06
I really loved this--it's written in a very true voice. Even, I think, your narrator's lecture at the end...I could just imagine the guy's jaw hanging while he's being put in his place. It needs some piddly edits, but it's a wonderful story and a great "take" on the topic.
05/02/06
Yes! I loved this! A few breaks here and there and you've got a humdinger of an entry! Just great!
05/02/06
I can't believe how long that paragraph looks now that everyone has called it to my attention!!! But oh how I love to rant!!!!:)
05/02/06
I enjoyed this! Loved that she's not afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believes in. That takes strength :)
05/02/06
Creative, well written story. The ending delivered!!
05/04/06
Interesting way of using inner stregnth. Some grammatical errors (hire-ups, and a her instead of here), and spacing could be a bit better. But an interesting concept.
05/04/06
I actually thought the speaker came across as a bit rude. I don't think that was the intention, so I will point it out. That said, however, the story was well constructed and true to life. It flowed well... but, yes, the end should have been broken up a bit.
05/04/06
Yes, the speaker was clearly a little rude as they tend to be sometimes, perhaps not intentionaly, but rude none the less, a little arrogant even.