The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1882 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/13/06
This is hilarious! I wondered where you were going with it all, and I was tickled to death when you made the spiritual application without thunking us on the head. Just marvelous.
This is great! I enjoyed it thoroughly.
I too, was wondering where you'd be going with this - lucky for you, you have good enough sense to keep the reader interested to follow through until the end! I about laughed when I read that he pulled out a note from his dentist! Well written, with a good message! I enjoyed!
02/15/06
You just about lost me right near the beginning - I had no idea where you were going, and frankly, I thought you might be a little bit nuts. :-)
But I was curious, and am I ever glad I kept reading! That was SO funny!!! And what a GREAT point at the end. This was brilliantly penned, and now I must admit: I'm the nutty one for doubting you.
02/16/06
Very interesting! Well done -a good object lesson :)
02/16/06
I was convinced that you were just making fun — until I got to the end. What a perfect illustration of Biblical truth. Good job.
02/16/06
Notparticulary enjoying politics nor history, I'll have to admit speed-reading through the first part (but not too fast to enjoy the great pun about the mortician who had "undertaken" politics.) Excellent analogy for what is happening all around us today. A real thought-provoker!
02/16/06
Oops...I really do know how to spell "not particularly"...just didn't take enough time to proof my comment :o)
02/17/06
ooooooooookkkaaayyyyyyyy.... collecting fines from a corpse, phobias of sitting, and old politicians. What story could ask for more! Made me laugh. Good job as always!
I really enjoyed your comedic style and sense of timing. The dentist note was a great loop hole!
02/17/06
When I started reading, I immediately thought of my step-dad, who refuses to wear a seatbelt - of course, he was a cop/firefighter and if he ever gets pulled over, there is no way he would get a ticket for not wearing his seatbelt.
Familiar with your style, I knew you would tie all of this in with a biblical lesson. You did not disappoint! Great ending - something to definitely thing about today! Good work!
02/20/06
Loved it! Funny stuff with a message to boot. Kudos!
Great article with a very clear point. You're absolutely right! Thanks for sharing your story.