The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1046 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/10/06
Very Captivating. You can feel the tension and distress. Where's the link for page 2?
I really like how this story flows. You've put me in someone else's shoes. I saw depression from the inside. Scary place to be. You nailed it. Great writing.
01/11/06
Your next to the last paragraph was absolutely true, and the agony that Christians with depression face. The whole story is beautifully done.
01/12/06
I liked what you wrote. My husband and I are facing a similar scenerio this week due to a loss in the family..we try to help others and find that people are helping us and it feels so strange to accept it. I think you expressed her feelings realistically and brought it through great!Nice writing:)
01/13/06
The title "caught" my attention: however, I'm left hanging. No solutions, no answers, no ending. The Reader is left hanging. For a Reader - this is devestating...as getting to the end of a book and having the last page missing. Very well written, however; but unfinished.
01/15/06
I like the snese of jumbled troubles... the track of the story kind of a frantic twisted mess. Good! I would have like to see the theme of pride played throughout, since ultimately she's battling that monster. But I like the unfinished feel of the ending. Good job!
I loved the roller coaster of thoughts in her mind and you wrote it so well the reader does not get lost. Good job!
One word response: REALISTIC. This is the reality of life for all of us at some point or another. I appreciate the transparency. :-)