The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1481 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow! This is beyond amazing. At first, I thought the beginning paragraph felt out of place, but then you did the beat, skip, skip, beat, and it was sheer genius. Words escape me. You do such an amazing job of pulling me into the scene, I almost feel embarrassed for eavesdropping. Though there may have been a missing comma here or there and a missing apostrophe on Farmer's Market, this story is still perfect. It will make a huge difference in how others view the horrible enemy known as dementia. I've known a few people, that no matter what they have lost, God is firmly planted in their hearts. You give new meaning to the vow in sickness and health. I want to say it one more time--WOW!
A beautiful tribute to a sound marriage. Caregiver spouses are beautiful expressions of God's love. Well done.
08/15/14
This is incredible. One of my favorites.

You presented this heartbreaking situation with such love and tolerance even though your MC was suffering to deal with her reality.

So well written. Thanks.
Amazing and creative writing. I was enthralled. Truly a winner.
This touched my heart. My father had the same experience with my mother. They were married 66 years. Very emotional. Great writing!
08/20/14
Touching, engaging, and hauntingly beautiful. I love this entire piece, it touched my heart...and caused tears to well.

Working in the nursing home industry... I've seen how this disease robs the individual of memories, and the families how they suffer the "emotional absence" of the person while seeing the physical.

This was written with class, humility and is one of my favs so far.

Thanks for sharing.

God bless~

08/20/14
Oh...and forgot to add. I've seen how individals with cognitive dysfunction will keep the LORD and the memories of Him in their spirit. So this is an authentic entry and so well written.

God bless~
08/20/14
This is one of my favorites I've ever read in the challenge. The woman who raised me (an aunt) suffered a stroke and the rest of her days were very much like this. Her daughter took care of her and would tell me stories similar to what you share here.

But it is your MC that so captivated me. Her patience, mixed with such overwhelming sadness and then the joy of them singing together on the way to the Farmer's Market - it was all so realistic and felt so genuine. This is a character you can relate to and empathize with.

What a great job you did. I'm sure this one will do well this week. Thanks so much for writing and sharing it with us.
This is so beautifully written and so well deserving of its high placing. Your descriptions are wonderfully worded and strike very familiar chords because we have a dear loved ones for whom life is similar. Thank you so much for this.
Congratulations on this EC! I'm delighted for you! Happy Dance!
Congratulations. This is such a precise depiction of the ravages of the disease. I'm going through this with my mom who lives with me now. It really hit home!
08/21/14
Congrats!

God bless~
08/21/14
Another WOW! SO authentic
Your MC couldn't be more real. ;-) By your creative hand she comes to life, and we are captured by her devotion and love

Congratulations for another win.
08/21/14
Congrats on a well deserved win. Blessings.
So beautiful. It touched my heart. Your MC was real and I felt every beat. Congratulations on your very well deserved win.
08/23/14
You wrote a stunning story. The patient faith displayed by your MC held me spellbound.
Beautiful story. You have a gift of putting your reader in the scene. Congratulations!