The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1067 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/14
I agree with that thin line concept. In the midst of sorrow there can be laughter and vice-versa. Thank God you have the patience to understand your characters and are willing to help them through their "interesting" moments. God bless.
Yes, there is a rather thin line “that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.” That’s a truth no feeling person can deny. That said, writing about it is no easy task, but you did so perfectly. I smiled and got a lump in my throat at the same time. That’s what the dichotomies of life do to us – one moment there is a sadness replaced by joy and humor that others perhaps cannot see, because, in this case, they don’t know or love your LOLs as you do. On behalf of both of them, thank you.
02/24/14
Thank you for this poignant story that touched my heart. You've managed to write about a difficult situation with aplomb and class.

My thoughts are with you.

God bless~
This is really sweet. First I have to applaud you for the LOL because it stood for little old lady long before texting and IMing and all that came about. You had me smiling throughout this delightful piece. Congratulations on ranking 33 overall!