The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1097 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Let me be the first to tell you that this article issues a strong challenge to us 'comfortable Christians'. This is excellent in its feeling of hopelessness turning into gratitude to God for even a temporary solution. I read this out loud to my eldest daughter and both of us could only say "Wow!" I'd be surprised if this was not in the semifinals or one of the top choices for Level 3. Thank you for opening our eyes even more!
This makes me want to open up my garage for anyone who might need it! Good writing!
11/24/05
What a story to read on Thanksgiving Day! It is not a surprise, we all know that these things happen in life. poverty, sickness, hunger, etc. I don't get the point; and it ends abruptly - with no solution. Fine dialogue, however.
11/25/05
I believe things could be worse without Jesus. I appreciate your portrayal of this family, especially in these Holiday seasons.
An eye opener..God bless ya, littlelight
11/25/05
I really enjoyed this and it brought tears to my eyes. Sadly, it's a reality for many people. A story like this puts things in perspective and that's always a good thing.
11/26/05
A sad story that happens all too often -without the answered prayers :(