The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 991 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed reaading this lovely poem. Huming birds are one of God's lovely creations.
06/14/13
Oh my gosh...I loved this entire piece. The flow, the rythym, and the outstanding detail about the hummingbird. I LOVE hummingbirds, they're amazingly beautiful, delicate and so intriquing. So I enjoyed it all the more being the subject.

This will definitely warrant attention from the judges...you may be heading for masters very soon!

God bless~
06/14/13
Correction:

rhythm...oops, my fingers always forget the "h" lol.

Again, great job!

God bless~
06/17/13
A hummingbird lover myself, I especially enjoyed this. Some of the facts you included were new to me, and I loved the rhythm and beauty. Good writing!
06/17/13
great imagery! thanks for sharing. i think that hummingbirds are an amazing creation and so fun to watch!
06/18/13
Wonderful poem for us bird lover's. The agile humming bird is indeed one of God's most amazing designs. This is one of those pieces that just makes me feel good. Thank You.
06/18/13
What a lovely poem about humming birds. I have never seen a real-life humming bird but your descriptions made me almost 'see' them. They must indeed be one of God's wonderful creations.
This is beautiful. I have learnt so much about humming birds from these lovely verses. Great scanning and rhymes, and I enjoyed such lines as 'Wings fluttering two hundred times per second,
Make a hummer hungry I reckon.' Lovely ending too. A super read.

06/18/13
You have educated me with this lovely, descriptive poem. I now need to see a hummingbird for myself. They sound like amazing little creatures.
This is really lovely. I have a friend who loves hummingbirds. I could see this on a plaque with the birds hovering on the outside border. The only red ink I have is I believe springtime is one word (but that may mess up the meter) You nailed the topic in a beautiful and vivid way!
06/20/13
Hummingbirds are one of God's most delighful creations. When I watch them they give calm to my soul. Thank you for sharing all the details about them in a most amazing poem.