The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1260 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/13
Intense piece! Well written and deeply profound.

God bless~
I hate war....I don't watch war movies (unless someone tricks me into it!) yet we all need to hear such stories. Very well communicated.
03/17/13
Riveting piece of work. You brought me into the story with your description and I, like the soldier, was ready to run towards the girl. The sad reality of the situation portrayed about the girl is all too often true. Reminds me to pray for our soldiers serving in foreign lands. Thank you.
03/18/13
Thank you for reminding us about the brave soldiers who fight everyday for our liberty.

Suspenseful and riveting piece of writing.
I think that this is a powerful and touching story. We are home safe and sound totally unaware of the danger our soldiers are in at any given moment. They are there to protect us, to keep my family safe, and to help others in this small world of ours. I have just said a prayer for all the men and women who serve our country and for their families that sacrifice so much so that I can feel a sense of security in my own home. You delivered a beautiful and powerful message and it will remind many people to just say thank you too.
What a commanding and rivetting piece! Thank you for taking us into the action - I too would have welcomed the child. Poor little girl dying for a cause she was too young to understand, much less agree to. I appreciate this.
03/21/13
A well written and engaging piece!
Congratulations on ranking 34 overall!