The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1178 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/22/13
This is a very creative take in personifying each of the churches addressed in the letters of Revelation.
Giving each one its own character in line with what the Spirit is saying throws extra light of a book that is hard for many to grasp.
Well done.
02/22/13
Very cleverly written! You've done a good job of making an ancient bit of Scripture come to life here. Thanks!
02/24/13
You've done an excellent job here. I am one of those Noel said it was hard for some to grasp because my knowledge is severely lacking, but I loved this story and it is very comforting to me. This will stay with me.

Blessings, Lynn
I am very familiar with the book of Revelation, done numerous Bible studies on it and love studying prophecy. I am also a literalist in my study of the Bible as well as with a lot in life so I must confess, I was like, "what, how can all these "churches" be sitting around a table discussing all this stuff?" Then it dawned on me... This is truly brilliant writing! The personalities of the churches truly came alive in their conversations with each other and with the Lord. Your paraphrasing and consolidating of these churches with what God said to whom, all together, was highly accurate and a pleasure to read. You do this very well with scripture, I hope there will be more to come!
02/28/13
What a unique and creative way to use the topic! I love reading the book of Revelation and the study of the seven churches/church ages and their characteristics. How clever taking the seven angels or spirit of the churches and personifying them and bringing them together to play their differences off one another. The “key” of course to any church (or church age) is how obedient they are to God and you gave that prevailing vision in this. Absolutely terrific job!
I admit that I am not very familiar with the book of Revelation. I have read it at least a couple of times in the past. However when I was younger, it would frighten me and keep me up all night long. Now that I am older and more secure in my faith, I need to go back and reread this book. You have inspired me and I thank you for that.
02/28/13
This is very interesting, I enjoyed reading it. I love reading imaginative takes on things we read so much. Typically, those things become too natural and we lose sight of what is being shown. Doing what you did brings a fresh look to the subject.
As Frank Peretti wrote of one of Bill Myers books, "I wish I thought of it first ;). Great work!
What an original take on the Book of Revelations! As we can take each example per church given personally, I truly enjoyed this.

Congratulations! May God bless you richly . . .
A great piece with perfect personification! It shows a picture of each believer, no exception. You have simplified complex texts from the Holy Bible. You have encouraged every child of God to do the right thing the Lord demands.
I think that you are born to encourage others as your words have served as catalyst to me to write more. Congrats!
A great piece with perfect personification! It shows a picture of each believer, no exception. You have simplified complex texts from the Holy Bible. You have encouraged every child of God to do the right thing the Lord demands.
I think that you are born to encourage others as your words have served as catalyst to me to write more. Congrats!