The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1170 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/24/13
Lovely story with great imagery. I can imagine the relief after such a long, tiring journey.
01/25/13
Nicely told and well written. I felt as if I was on the journey with them. Good descriptive piece.

God bless~
I enjoyed the travel-log and descriptive writing. After the warning to the children to be careful, I kept expecting some element of danger and increasing tension, but it didn't turn out to be that kind of story. Even so, I'm ready to read the next chapter.
01/27/13
Oh, this is good. I like it. Seems like this is just a small part of a much larger story. I'd love to see this expanded so I can read the "rest" (haha) of the story. :)
01/28/13
Delightful read, left me wanting to read the rest of the book! Sounds exactly like West Africa, except that there is no lovely ocean at the end of our long journey. Excellent writing!
I enjoyed this glimpse of traveling in Africa. Thank you!
01/29/13
Great story, well written and told. Very well done.
01/29/13
This definitely gives readers a taste of what it's like to travel in this foreign land. There were some places where punctuation needed tweaking, and I really expected something more to happen--there was a buildup to a conflict, and then a fizzle as no conflict really occurred. The pacing of the story was perfect, as were the sensory details.
01/31/13
This is a very interesting story, and I enjoyed reading a bit about traveling in Mozambique. I have also heard the ocean's call to rest and relax, so could relate to your peaceful ending! Good job! :)
01/31/13
Hearty congratulations on your "Highly Commended" for this great piece! :)
01/31/13
Congrats. God bless~
Congratulations on your HC and on ranking 29 overall!
Very nicely done. The roads in Africa are an experience for sure. I enjoyed this story.